Metropolis Course #aeck-D130: Metropolis Think Tank: EYP – Maker Culture on the Campus
Presented by: Susan S. Szenasy, Metropolis, and EYP
AIA/CES (HSW) Learning Units: 1.75 Hours
Course release date: February, 2017.
In this 90-minute panel discussion, filmed live as part of Metropolis Magazine’s ThinkTank – The Human Factor series, Susan Szenasy, Publisher / Editor in Chief of Metropolis, moderates a lively conversation with EYP architects and engineers, and clients from institutions of higher learning about maker spaces and culture, and how the academic campus is gearing up to accommodate a new style of teaching that promotes hands-on learning and a desire to work together that’s not served by the traditional classrooms with lecture teaching.
Panelists discuss how weave in maker spaces into academic campuses, enhancing collaboration and community; mitigating safety concerns surrounding shops and laboratories; and selecting material that promote health and sustainability.
• Kip Ellis AIA, LEED AP BD+C, Lead Designer, EYP
• Toni Loiacano, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP BD+C, Laboratory Planner, EYP
• Jeffrey Schantz, AIA, NCARB, Science and Technology Sector Leader, EYP
• Glen Sulmasy, Provost, Bryant University
• Patti Seitz, Professor of Architecture and Head, Graduate Architecture Program, Mass College of Art and Design
• Robert Boes, Senior Planner, Campus Planning + Design, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
• Nazneen Cooper, Assistant Dean of Campus Design and Planning, Harvard University Faculty of Arts and Sciences
• Tracy Backus, Director Environmental Strategies, Teknion
Individual Course Price: $30
Series Price: SAVE MORE THAN 30% when purchasing the six-course series!
For technical questions or questions about reporting your AIA credits, please email support@aecKnowledge.com or call 415.755.3058
(As licensing requirements differ by state, please check with your state licensing board to ensure that this course meets their specific continuing education requirements.)